I love love love coffee! I can’t begin my day without a cup of coffee.
Well, I always knew that coffee has its fair share of advantages but I did not know that it is good for our skin too. Recently, I was introduced to the benefits of coffee scrub when I picked up the Lush Cup o’ Coffee Face & Body Mask. Since then I have spotted many variants of coffee scrubs and masks in the skincare market. I had to do some more research before I truly believed that yes – coffee is amazing to drink AND to fix your skincare woes.
I believe that coffee provides us maximum benefits when it is mixed with other nourishing and soothing ingredients, in the form of a coffee scrub. I have recently started using a coffee scrub and since then I have been in love with it. The scent or fragrance of the scrub is very delicious and my skin feels much softer. A coffee scrub is a very good addition to the pamper routine.
5 Benefits of Coffee Scrub
- Exfoliating – Dependant on the additional ingredients in the coffee scrub, these usually contain great exfoliating properties. Along with the coffee granules/ground coffee, you will usually find a mix of sugar and/or salt. This combination brings an enjoyable ease to the process of removing the dead skin cells.
- Caffeine – Coffee is known to stimulate blood flow to the skin, improving the appearance of stretch marks, cellulite and other skin conditions. Caffeine also contains a ton of antioxidants which are great for our skin including, fighting the battle against premature ageing of the skin.
- Reduces Puffy Eyes –I generally sleep very late at nights so my poor eyes often bear the brunt of this as it shows in the next morning’s puffy-eyed awakening. A little tip is to apply coffee scrub around your eye area in the morning for an instant pick-me-up. Let it work it’s magic while you get ready and then rinse away. As caffeine tightens the skin, this, in turn, reduces puffiness around the eye area.
- Temporarily Reduce Cellulite – Many of the benefits that I have outlined above contribute to one of the most popular advantages of coffee scrubs. That is reducing the appearance of cellulite temporarily. The combination of antioxidants, vitamins and fatty acids in coffee scrubs and the motions which it is applied (circular motions) all work together to restore the skins texture and in turn reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Soothing – Coffee scrubs can be such a soothing relief for tired feet. I receive utmost satisfaction when I apply the scrub on my feet. I spend long amounts of time applying the coffee scrub on my feet, especially at the weekend or when travelling. There is literally nothing nicer than relaxing at the end of a trip with a soothing foot soak followed by a gentle exfoliation using a coffee scrub.